Q: Satellite Uconnect

My Ram 3500 has 2300 miles on it. I have a Siriusxm satellite 8.4an running version 13.38.52. I had not yet updated my software. But everything has been working fine until now. While I was trying to listen to the satellite, view fuel prices or weather I got a continuous – Acquiring Satellite - message. The antenna is clear of debris, and I've only driven an hour. I switched to FM and the Bluetooth is fine, but the satellite still doesn’t work. I turned off the truck and restarted it – waited 10 seconds, opened and shut the door and still didn’t work. I turned off the truck and let it sit for 60 seconds then restarted it. Now everything works normal including the satellite. I have also noticed that there is an occasional lack of it – seeing – my iPhone. Is the newer version of Uconnect better?

Hello. Yes the new version of Uconnect is much better. The update patches up inconsistent bluetooth and satellite signal communications. Updating the radio with the new firmware should greatly improve if not resolve your issue. If you still run into problems, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can help diagnose the issue with your satellite radio and fix it accordingly.