Q: Rusted spring perches in front suspension are falling apart

The spring perches that are on the front suspension are falling apart because they are rusted. If the perches break while I’m driving, I and/or my family could be seriously injured or worse. I have been to the local dealership and they have refused to do the repair or even an inspection and stated that there is nothing they can do about this. Having rust on the frame weld is dangerous and unsafe and I am very disappointed in the lack of quality of my vehicle. I need your assistance to know how to get my car fixed. Can you please give me your advice and how I can find someone who will properly make my car safe?

A: Hello. When rust like this occurs, the only...

Hello. When rust like this occurs, the only way to repair it is to take the vehicle to a frame fabricator, or by having the frame replaced. In certain climates this will occur if the frame is not protected with a corrosion resistant coating. Unfortunately, no dealers and very few shops will fix this.