Q: Rust on fenders and back bumper is rusted out 1996 Toyota T100

I am looking to buy a 1996 Toyota T100. I haven't seen the truck in person but based on the pics online there is visible rust on the wheel fenders as well as the back bumper. The fenders appear to have a couple of quarter sized rust holes visible. The bumper looks in bad shape and is very rusted thru. Is it worth my time to make the 3 hour ride to look at the truck because chances are there is more rust that I can not see?. I would need to get it MD inspected and is that an issue that would fail inspection?

Hi - in my experience, if you can see rust, there is lots more that you can’t see, especially in "salt-belt" states like Maryland. I would recommend having a pre-purchase inspection done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will go to the vehicle location (saving you the trip!), make a thorough inspection, and report back to you the vehicles condition, and all apparent problems or questions.