Q: Runs rough. Wont start

so i was driving around and all of a sudden my car started to rev funny. it would accel slowly and almost like it had water in the gas. when i would slow down it would act like it was going to cut off still rpms reving a little at idle. so on my way home the engine light came on and it would blink when i pushed the gas. so i made it home and let it sit till morning and when i came out today i started it still ran pretty rough but this time i couldnt even make it around the block before it would fail again. any answers?

A: Without more information, its hard to tell ...

Without more information, its hard to tell what the issue may be.The Check Engine Light coming on is a good thing. This is the sign that the computer has detected an issue, and will set a diagnostic troubleshooting code(s). Start by scanning the vehicle for codes. These should give you an idea of what the problem is. If any sensors have failed, or electrical issues have occurred, they will very likely show up here. It is possible you could have more than one issue, but when you receive your codes, try to find the component they all have in common. If the codes are unable to be read, you will want to think about the basics for the vehicles function: air, fuel, and gas. The engine is not getting one of these correctly. Or the combination of air and gas is not being ignited correctly. With that in mind, you will need to go through those systems methodically until you find the issue. Since the issue happened suddenly, you will want to perform a thorough visual inspection. Are any fluids leaking? Are any hoses or lines disconnected? Are any components broken or physically damaged? Have you checked the fuse box for any damages? Is there a smell of any kind? Do you see any smoke? There is more information about engine roughness to help you diagnose the issue on our website, and available appointments by a certified mechanic.