Q: Runs Like Crap

When we bought it in September, it had little to no oil, luckily we changed it when we got it home (it ran perfectly). It sat for the longest time while it was fucking up (dying and what not) Now it dies or stalls bad when you put your foot into it and sometimes when idling. We thought it was in upper manifold gaskets, bought them, just to find out it was a vacuum leak. We got that fixed. Still runs like shit. We cleaned the plugs and changed the coil packs. All of the coil packs are good (tested voltage). It doesn't have a Cat as the dumb ass before us cut it off, basically at the headers. is that the cause of the dying and stalling? I was thinking maybe its letting to much air out, and not keeping enough in.

To answer your question simply - YES. When a catalytic converter is not installed within the exhaust system it tends to negatively impact the performance of any modern combustion engine.

3. Runs Like Crap