Q: Runs fine then randomly quits and won't start

So the car was running fine and just randomly it quit after letting it sit for a few hours it started back up but now it has quit again and will not start has all kinds of crank

A: You will need to first check to see if the ...

You will need to first check to see if the vehicle has fuel pressure. Replace the fuel pump if it is bad. You may have to remove the fuel tank completely and get out the small metal particles out of it. The metal particles will ruin the new pump in a short time. Make sure to also replace the fuel filter.

If you have good fuel pressure then scan the computer and check data of the crankshaft sensor to make sure it is giving an rpm reading and replace it if it’s not.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the cause, have one of our mobile technicians diagnose the starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.