Q: Running into issues when I put a 2004 motor in a 2002 body of a Chevrolet Silverado

im having problems with my 02 silverado i put an 04 motor in and i ran into a problem where the fuel pressure regulator doesnt have a input into the 04 intake manifold and the original one is broken, ive sealed up the regulator itself , but i know its wrong please help , what do i do , and the 04 injector rail has only one input of a fuel line , so i used the 02 rails , but there is no where to connect the fuel regulator line to

A: The engines are fairly identical, but the m...

The engines are fairly identical, but the manufacturer made a few upgrades on the newer model engine. You should have swapped all of the fuel system parts and electronics from the old engine to the new one. The intake manifold, oil pan, injector rail, and everything and any parts that broke should be replaced with new parts made for the 2002 model so they match the vehicle. If you need help with this, consider hiring an experienced technician, like one from YourMechanic, who's willing to come out and inspect what's going on with the broken and mixed parts and offer a more personal solution.