Q: Running in failure mode - 1995 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon

My van was running in failure mode today. The engine is running lean at about 290K with too little fuel and too much air. I’m thinking about installing new injectors. I installed new O2 sensors, new Mass Air Flow sensor and it actually idles better with the MAF disconnected. There is low voltage at the MAF. But a previous test showed it was OK. I am planning to install a new Idle Air Control and a distributor 351 Windsor. Do you have any suggestions for me?

I would first check voltage to the MAF - it should be 5 volts. Also check ground quality for the MAF. Since the fuel injection computer gets airflow volume data, a bad MAF reading will mis-instruct the injection computer. Also possible you have a bad "new" MAF, but more likely with this age and mileage to have a bad electrical path (corrosion, connector, bad ground, etc.). If the MAF tested with proper voltage earlier, walk back through what you touched since. Something changed! If you would like a certified technician from YourMechanic can assist you in diagnosis, and repairing the failed electrical components.

3. Running in failure mode - 1995 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon