Q: Q: Rough Idling

I had the spark plugs recently replaced but a former idling has returned. Plus the check engine light blinks randomly. The idling is very rough and there is shaking. What do you think is causing this?

The first thing you will want to do is to have any fault codes read out of the engine computer. The check engine light coming on at times should indicate that fault codes were stored. These may just be from misfiring occurring at the time of the rough idle. Throttle body deposits, sensor issues such as crankshaft sensor, or possibly an ignition coil could be why there is a rough idling. The first step is to see what faults are stored and correct those issues first. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who have the equipment and training to inspect your car idle problems.

3. Q: Rough Idling