Q: Rough idling when the MAF is plugged in

When the MAF is plugged in, there is a very rough idling in my car and it wants to stall. But when it is unplugged, it runs great. The plugs and the ignition solenoids have been replaced and several other parts, but the car still idles badly. What do you suggest that I do to fix this?

A: If the problem is present when the MAF sens...

If the problem is present when the MAF sensor is plugged in, this is a classic sign something may be going on with the MAF sensor. Many other things can cause a vehicle to idle poorly as well though. The most likely would be the MAF, the idle air control valve, a vacuum leak, or an oxygen sensor. If you need help, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the rough idling issue and help you get back on the road safely.