Q: rough idle dies at 65 hesatation

Rough idle dies, at 65 hesitation

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time this will cause a Check Engine Light to come on if there is a powertrain issue. If the Check Engine Light is on, then the computer needs to be scanned for codes first.

If there are any codes, it can help guide me to the right diagnosis. If the Check Engine Light is not coming on, then it may be a fuel system issue. From what you are explaining, it sounds like you may have a weak fuel pump or a dirty fuel filter. The fuel pressure would need to be tested to verify if these are the issues. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the hesitation issue.