Q: Rotors keep wearing out - 2007 GMC Sierra 2500

On several occasions, while driving the truck at around 50 mph, I noticed a burnt smell. I feared that my brakes would fail while going downhill. I went to the dealer a few times and he found that the rotors were warped but couldn't find out why they were wearing out so quickly. Do you have any idea why this happened?

A: Warping of brake rotors means that too much...

Warping of brake rotors means that too much heat is being developed while braking and is unable to be dissipated. One thing that may help with this if original equipment manufactured discs keep warping is to possibly seek out some slotted or drilled discs to help handle the heat generated by your braking demands. If you need to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect your brake system and advise you on proper corrections.