Q: rotor and cap 1998 bzer four wheel drive

I replaced the rotor and cap and wires I am new at this and error not to mark my rotor position and now it has a very loud backfire how can I correct this dilemma.

A: The rotor should have a tab inside of it, a...

The rotor should have a tab inside of it, allowing it to only go on one way, so you don't need to mark it. What most likely happened is you did not get the spark plug wires back on correctly. Go online and put in your year, vehicle and engine size to get diagrams for the proper spark plug wire routing. This should fix your problem. If you're unable to figure it out, feel free to contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your backfire and help you fix it accordingly.