Q: rotary clicking while driving all the time. 2010 Cadillac DTS

clicking more noticable at slow speeds-checked brakes,rims,cv joints and replaced wheel bearing-then placed on hoist and started car and sound could not be heard while on hoist-mechanic unable to diagnose-hope you can help

A: Hey there. This is a common issue on the Ca...

Hey there. This is a common issue on the Cadillac DTS and is often times linked to the CV joints and axle boots. Check the rubber boots for these to be sure they are not torn or full of dirt. Also check to be sure they are greased well.

It sounds like the car was only inspected while not in motion. You will probably want to have the next mechanic run the car in the exact same conditions that you hear the symptoms in order to have this properly diagnosed. If you would like to have another expert take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to test the car and diagnose the clicking sound.