Q: Rod bearing issues

The rod bearings are having issues. The problem might be a possible valve timing issue on the top end of the motor. It is not blowing smoke.

Without the symptoms, I am not sure how it was concluded that the rod bearings are having issues. However, I am assuming that the car is having oil pressure problems. There might be sludge on the pick-up tube in the oil pan. 2WD vehicles are easier to inspect. 4WD vehicles are very labor intensive. We need more information on the symptoms, vehicle, and history to better assist you. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.

3. Rod bearing issues