Q: Rocker cover gasket

BMW replaced rocker cover gasket and this did not solve problem so took back in to BMW they said new gasket was cracked ( faulty ) so replaced again . Still problems so took back in garage and they now saying head gasket will need replacing . Would the above effected the head gasket in anyway ? Thank you

Hello. The head gasket normally would not have any effect on the rocker cover gasket as these separate two different areas of the cylinder heads. However, it is not out of the question that if the cylinder head is bad, as this may have affected both gaskets. You may want to see if there was any warranty on the original work done. If you want to get a second opinion on this elsewhere, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the car and let you know what should be done (as head gaskets can be an expensive repair job).

3. Rocker cover gasket