Q: Rim too hot

I was driving home and I noticed a grinding sound. I was not speeding but any time I needed to drive up a hill, the car practically slows down or crawl with that grinding sound. I applied the brakes and stopped the car, then I noticed smoke coming out of the rim of the driver's tire. I tried touching it......it was so hot. I opened the bonnet, there was nothing unusual. The oils were all in normal ranges. The dashboard did not flash any " check" notification. What can be the cause and what do I do? Thank you. Buki

A: Hello. It sounds like the front wheel beari...

Hello. It sounds like the front wheel bearing or brakes are grinding. The vehicle shouldn't be driven until the front end is checked to find out the reason of the grinding. The wheel bearing is bad or the brakes are worn down metal-to-metal. A qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the grinding noise in order to proceed with repairs.