Q: Right tire making thumping sound when turning right. 1999 Ford Expedition

Right tire making thumping sound when turning right

Hi - your symptoms suggest that the right front tire may have a tread separation problem, on the inside of the tire. It will probably require jacking up the right front corner of the vehicle, then spinning the tire by hand to visually confirm the problem. I would recommend a tire vibration inspection by a reputable tire service center, or a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Right tire making thumping sound when turning right. 1999 Ford Expedition