Q: Right brake light stopped working

Upon turning the lights on my car, and pressing the brake, only the left brake lights turns on. The right brake light quit working. I had the brake light replaced. All the connections and wires have been checked. They look fine and work correctly. How can I fix this?

Hello. If all the wiring checks out okay and you have tried a new bulb, then you most likely have a socket that is not making good contact to the bulb. Check the socket to see if the terminals are bent or the connector needs replaced. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the brake light and can follow through with the correct repair.

3. Right brake light stopped working