Q: Right back tail/break/reverse lights nothing works, but when I use key fob to lock SUV they light up.

Hello, just started having problems with my right rear tail light assembly, nothing lights up and or works in driving mode. I slaved all the light bulbs with the left side and all the bulbs are good. The only time the right back tail lights up is when I lock the truck with the key fob, then the whole thing lights up which tells me there's 12 volts going to the bulbs. What can that be???
OK just tried key fob again and nothing My car has 149000 miles.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the bulbs are functional, there is another component that is malfunctioning. This may be the switch, a relay or fuse, or the wiring between them. You should start with the most simple components and work you way through the system. In this case start with the fuses and relays pertaining to the system. From there you can test the brake light switch if needed. The best way to test for an electrical fault is to test for available voltage from the fuse box to the brake lights. Find where the voltage is present and then work your way down the circuit until you find the wire or component that drops the power. A wiring diagram may be beneficial to you during this process. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. Right back tail/break/reverse lights nothing works, but when I use key fob to lock SUV they light up.