Q: Retainer cover/seal on transmission keeps blowing off

Transmission building too much pressure retainer cover/seal keep blowing off....

A: Hello. There are several possibilities - th...

Hello. There are several possibilities - the transmission fluid could be overheating due to a cooling issue in either the transmission or the engine itself, the transmission vents and/or breather hose could be obstructed or the transmission fluid level might be too high. If none of these account for the problem, the system would have to be diagnosed further including, for example, actual measurements of internal hydraulic pressure (via external pressure gauge ports). I recommend taking the vehicle into a transmission specialist to make sure that this gets handled properly.