Q: Resin is leaking from my car door - 2007 Toyota Yaris

hi, i have a toyota yaris and today i noticed there was resin leaking from the inside of my door (in the back left door). it has hardened and i can take it off but where does the resin come from ?

A: This may be related to a couple of differen...

This may be related to a couple of different things. Many car manufacturers use a resin-like material to secure bundles of connector wires to places inside doors and other places throughout the vehicle. It is possible that this material melted at some point or became brittle and has fallen out of place.

The other possibility might be that, in the event the car was wrecked in the past, a resin-like material was used to make repairs to the door, and this may have failed and could be deteriorating. I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to take a look at your car door to determine why resin is leaking.