Q: Reset service light

I had my timing belt replaced,engine tune up and serviced. Mechanic forgot to reset service warning light. Can I do this?

best regards, Jim

Hi. You will need to connect your vehicle to a scanner that has the ability to clear fault codes. The cheaper scanners usually do not have the ability to clear the codes, only retrieve them. If you don’t have access to this type of scanner, you may want to go to a local auto part store and ask if they have a scanner that they can hook to your vehicle to clear the codes. If any of the warning lights reappear, the underlying problem may not be fixed which is why the code is still appearing.

3. Reset service light