Q: Replacing the motor

I have a blown v10 6.8L and want to replace the motor but I want to know if it's a job I can do myself or a job that requires a mechanic and if so how much would a mechanic charge for the motor to be swapped in

A: Hello. If you have a lot of mechanical expe...

Hello. If you have a lot of mechanical experience and the correct tools then you may be able to do this. It is very time consuming and due to the size of the vehicle it takes a special engine hoist to get the engine out. Most shops will actually remove the body from the frame to so this on your truck. The cost to have a shop do this would depend on their hourly rate as it calls for over 10 hours.