Q: Replacing the MAF sensor

Can I use a MAF sensor of another Ford ranger say a 1994 or do I have to purchase a brand new one? They are pricey and I really can't afford a new one at the moment.

The Delphi MAF part number for your 1993 is AF10116. That part number was in fact used in the model year 1994 Rangers with either the 2.3L or the 3.0L engine. AF10116 was also used in the 1994 and 1995 Mercury Sable and Mercury Tracer. There are no other interchanges with other models or years. Your existing MAF can be tested and possibly cleaned for re-use. To identify used copies of the sensor please consult Car-part.com. If you need assistance with diagnostics or installation of the MAF sensor please refer to YourMechanic’s MAF sensor diagnostic/service page to request service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Replacing the MAF sensor