Q: Replacing struts on a lowered car.

I need to replace the rear struts on my lowered subaru outback. I bought it lowered so I do not know what they did under there to get it the way it is, but I am wondering if I can replace the struts that are on there now with new stock struts, or do they have to be special struts made for a lowered car?

Hi there. The best thing to do is remove one of the struts on the rear of the vehicle and take it to the local parts store and see if you can match up a replacement strut. If you need further assistance with replacing your rear struts, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replacing struts on a lowered car.