Q: Replacing round rearview and right headlight assembly on a 2005 Buick

2005 Buick. Round rearview and right headlight assembly--how difficult is it to replace? Should I use only the expensive OBM for good fit and reliability?

A: It's an option to buy cheaper alternati...

It's an option to buy cheaper alternatives which are usually made out of plastic. I'm pretty sure that a lot of GM's original equipment were made with the same materials as well. I'd say go ahead and use cheaper ones if you're on a budget.

Installation is not hard at all, mainly it can just get a bit tedious. There are just a few screws you have to take out. I usually do it by buying a new one first and seeing where all of the fasteners are. They are all different in most cases, so when you get a new one you'll be able to visually see where the fasteners go. From there I go under the car and check where they are and take it apart. It's just a lot easier when you have one in your hand, you'll be able to figure out how it comes apart and where the bolts are.