Q: Replacing round rearview and right headlight assembly on a 2005 Buick

2005 Buick. Round rearview and right headlight assembly--how difficult is it to replace? Should I use only the expensive OBM for good fit and reliability?

It’s an option to buy cheaper alternatives which are usually made out of plastic. I’m pretty sure that a lot of GM’s original equipment were made with the same materials as well. I’d say go ahead and use cheaper ones if you’re on a budget.

Installation is not hard at all, mainly it can just get a bit tedious. There are just a few screws you have to take out. I usually do it by buying a new one first and seeing where all of the fasteners are. They are all different in most cases, so when you get a new one you’ll be able to visually see where the fasteners go. From there I go under the car and check where they are and take it apart. It’s just a lot easier when you have one in your hand, you’ll be able to figure out how it comes apart and where the bolts are.

3. Replacing round rearview and right headlight assembly on a 2005 Buick