Q: Replacing rotors and break pads

I have about 3 to 5mm left on my break pads. The sensor is starting to go off indicating that they need changed soon. Audi Dealership is telling me that I must replace both pads and rotors which is expensive. Is this true?

A: It is recommended to replace the brake pads...

It is recommended to replace the brake pads and rotors as a set. You may be able to get the parts aftermarket which would save money on the parts in most cases. You can even get an independent mechanic do the work at a reduced labor rate. If you decide to not go the dealer route, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can come to your home or office to replace your brake pads and rotors at your own convenience.