Q: Replacing ignition lock and cylinder anything required afterwards

Find me a place in the lock and cylinder for a 2005 Honda Civic are there any required steps following installation

A: Hello. If your vehicle was equipped with a ...

Hello. If your vehicle was equipped with a transponder type key, then it may be possible that the key has to be programmed to match the ignition lock cylinder. Some vehicles are equipped with a security feature that will only allow programmed keys to start the vehicle. If your vehicle uses a regular key to in the ignition, then there is likely not any reset procedure of any sort required, if the cylinder was installed correctly.