Q: Replacing high pressure power steering line

I have a power steering line, the high pressure hose and i can not figure out how to remove and replace the hose. I can remove the connector to the pump reservoir, and i can see the connection to the rack and pinion but my problem is how do i get it back on ? i have seen people cut the line and use a socket to get it off and but idont see how they get a wrench in there to replace the new line.

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

The reason you’re having trouble accessing this bolt is likely due to a lack of available tools. Most professional technicians have multiple sets of high quality wrenches, as well as offset and thin wrenches. They also have a set of line specific wrenches that resemble a box end wrench, but with a small cutout to fit it over the line. This allows you to apply box end wrench strength on these types of fittings. Flip the wrench to the other side, and it now has a different angle, so you can likely turn it slightly more. Your best bet to do this yourself is to get a variety of wrenches that will allow you to get on the line fitting in a slightly different angle each time, allowing you to turn it incrementally. Your other option is to have the power steering line replaced by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.