Q: Replacing fuel pressure regulator

So my fuel pressure regulator needed to be replaced so I bought a new one and tried to do it myself. And I take out all of the o rings and screens from the old one. And try to put in the new one. And I try for a few minutes but the new one will just not want to seat all the way so I try to take it out and I wasn't thinking and I pull the regulator and the screen stays in and when I take the screen off the small o ring is gone and must have fallen into the fuel rail. So is it difficult to remove the fuel rail??

Hi there. Removing the fuel rail is not that difficult. You will have to remove the vortec cover to the engine first. Then remove the bolts that secure the injector fuel rail to the intake manifold. Then pop off the fuel rail from the injectors. Remove any brackets that are attached to the fuel rail. Then there should be a pressure fitting on the back of the fuel rail that needs a special tool to remove the quick disconnect on the fitting. Then the fuel rail will be loose and can be removed. If you need further assistance with removing the fuel rail from the engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replacing fuel pressure regulator