Q: Replacing ac compressor 99 dodge ram

I replaced the evap. dryer and orifice tube. 2 weeks later the comp. clutch went out.I have a new compressor now, do I still have to replace the dryer and orifice tube again also. The system is still under pressure, I bypassed the comp. with a shorter belt till I change compressor. Steve

Anytime an a/c system is left open to the atmosphere, the dryer must be replaced because the minute you open the system the dryer is no longer drying your relatively small a/c system but rather is "attempting" to dry the entire atmosphere. The orifice tube is not a consumable item and is only replaced if it is blocked. If you want the compressor and dryer replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a/c system service - compressor and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Replacing ac compressor 99 dodge ram