Q: Replacing a keyless entry keypad

It appears one of the spring clips broke off on the bezel housing of our edge so the keypad is hanging loose out of the door. Still works fine and to me it should be a matter of disconcerting the molex type connector and connecting a replacement module and snapping back into the door opening. The dealership is saying they have to take the door panel apart to fix it. This makes no sense to me as I cannot see why that would be necessary. Advice or opinions

A: The door panel does not have to be removed ...

The door panel does not have to be removed for removal or installation of the new pad. There is an access plug in the door, located on the inside, that is used for disconnecting the lock clip on a good pad. The pad is then lifted out, disconnected, and connected to the new one, snapping into place. If you don't want to settle with the dealer, consider YourMechanic, as a qualified mechanic can come to you and service your vehicle at your own convenience. Good luck.