Q: replacing a cv axle simple right

Ive done a bit of work on my car my self, brakes, rotors and radiator. Is a cv axle just as easy?

Hi. Replacing the constant velocity (cv) halfshaft can be done in a few steps, but requires a few special service tools. There are also very specific torque requirements. Additionally, you can tear the axle seal if you’re not careful. If that happens, your transmission will leak from the torn seal and cause further damage to your vehicle.

I recommend having a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, replace the CV axle on your vehicle.