Q: Replacement of rear pads - 2007 Jaguar XK

I have an issue with the rear pads on the car. I'd like to replace them by myself. However, while attempting to do so, I couldn't separate the caliper from the pads. How can I do this correctly?

There are a number of Jaguar owner forums on the Internet which have "owner stories" and often videos of this repair. There are a couple of "gotchas" with this model - having the correct tool to retract the piston back into the brake caliper, and remembering to disconnect the battery before you start the procedure, and re-connect the battery after you have replaced the brake pads, and pressed the brake pedal several times to seat the new pads against the rotors. The brake pad is "indexed" (i.e. How much pad is left?), and this value is kept in the vehicle computer. If you are not a confident DIYr, perhaps having a professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, inspect your braking system at your home or office might be more comfortable.