Q: Replaced the radiator but now my can is running hot. Never had this problem until the radiator was replaced

Why is my car running hot after the radiator has been replaced never had thus problem until now since i had the radiator replaced

A: There area number of things that can make y...

There area number of things that can make your car run hot such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know, the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time, or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. When your thermostat is not working properly or is stuck closed, this will not allow the coolant to properly circulate through the engine, which may cause the engine temperature to fluctuate erratically or in some cases just remain hot. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.