Q: Noise when starting the vehicle

REPLACED STARTER. SOUNDS NORMAL TRYING TO TURN OVER FOR 2-3 SECONDS THEN SOUNDS LIKE METAL BANGING AND STOPS. DOES THIS REPEATEDLY NOT SURE IF THIS ISSUE IS WITH THE STARTER OR THE FLYWHEEL

Hello. The symptoms you describe are commonly associated with a faulty starter or a worn flywheel or flex plate teeth. When the starter is engaged a plunger extends and makes contact with the flywheel ring gear. If there is an issue with the starter it may not extend the plunger properly, which can cause noises if the starter is not able to make solid contact with the flywheel gear. The same can occur due to chipped or worn flywheel or flex plate teeth, perhaps due to improper contact with the starter. If the starter was recently replaced, then it is more likely that the flywheel or flex plate teeth may be what is causing the issue.

3. Noise when starting the vehicle