Q: replaced heater core,,,now the car has no tail lights or brake lights,or dash lights,,took dashboard out again all plugs r hooked

took dashboard out to replace heater core,,,now car has no brake lights,tail lights,or instrument panel lights,,,,took dash out again,,found a plug on driver side,,but there is no where to plug it into something,,,,iam thinking its the DRL relay,,, 2004 kia rio

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to do is look at the wiring and try to find an error or any damage. The electronics for the systems you say are effected are mostly located right there under the drivers dashboard where you found the plug. You may want to locate a wiring diagram to help you figure out where the extra plug needs to go. You can replace the relay if you feel the need, however I strongly believe there is a bad connection under the dashboard. If you have access to a voltmeter, you can trace voltage and find where it drops off before making it to the components in question. For more help with electrical testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• replaced heater core,,,now the car has no tail lights or brake lights,or dash lights,,took dashboard out again all plugs r hooked