Q: Replaced fuel pump and now car won't start 2006 VW Beetle 2.5L

I've been having the P0171 (system too lean bank one) on my wife's car for months now. After replacing several things, several signs were pointing to a weak fuel pump. I just replaced it, started it up. Killed the car, tried starting it about 30 seconds later and I'm getting no crank no start. Any ideas what could be causing this?

It’s possible you have a weak battery. Consider that a strong possibility if your battery is 4 years old or older. Prior to performing diagnostics be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. Then, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. To temporarily override the immobilizer system, please see these instructions. With a fully charged battery and the immobilizer system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor, hence the starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter itself is bad. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic resolve this, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Replaced fuel pump and now car won't start 2006 VW Beetle 2.5L