Q: replaced fuel fulter on a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee laredo 6 cylinder engine

and the check engine light came off but the car is still stalling and then dies. what else could be causing this

If the original diagnostic trouble code implicated a "fuel supply" issue (such as a clogged fuel filter) you may additionally have a problem with the fuel pump. The direction that a diagnostic would take will just depend on the specific code set when the check engine light illuminated. If fuel related (you mentioned the fuel filter), what might be required is a test of fuel system pressure and output. However, if the code was not fuel system related, causes of stalling include vacuum leaks and sensor faults although there are many causes to consider. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine stalling diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• replaced fuel fulter on a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee laredo 6 cylinder engine