Q: Replaced clutch, transmission will not tighten against engine, need advice.

I replaced the clutch in my Tc but when I try to get transmission to tighten against engine there is about a 1/4 in gap, when I tightened bolts transverse axle won't move and cannot manually crank the engine. I thin the pilot(clutch alignment tool bearing) bearing is binding against the input shaft. An I supposed to remove bearing after installing new clutch?

You should replace the pilot bearing anytime the clutch is replaced. You should have aligned the clutch to the pilot bearing with an alignment tool. When aligning the clutch disc you need to make sure it is centered perfectly as best as you can before tightening the clutch pressure plate.

If you have the clutch out of alignment then the input shaft will not be able to go into the pilot bearing or bushing. Also, make sure you do not use too much lube other than a light coat. The transmission can then be installed. Good luck.

3. Replaced clutch, transmission will not tighten against engine, need advice.