Q: Replaced clutch in 96 f150 4x4 now you have to shift as soon as you take off in 5th gear at 30mph

Replacef clutch kit now as soon as you take off you have to shift i am in 5th gear doing 30mph pedal. Rpms are high when you drive it but it doesnt seem to have any power.

Hi Cassie. Thanks for contacting us today. This is typically caused by a clutch that is not properly adjusted either at the pedal, or internal. You might want to review this article to see if you missed a step in the adjustment process, but I would recommend referring to a service and repair manual for your 96 Ford F-150 for proper adjustment and installation procedures.

3. Replaced clutch in 96 f150 4x4 now you have to shift as soon as you take off in 5th gear at 30mph