Q: Replaced battery, charging system is working a fine per mechanic and drove for a couple of days and then the battery light came on

Replaced battery, charging system is working a fine per mechanic and drove for a couple of days and then the battery light came on While driving it yesterday after I had been driving it for 2 1/2 hour drive.

Hi there:

One of the common items to be overlooked during routine charging system inspections is the battery temperature sensor. This is typically installed at the bottom of the battery box and can cause the battery light to illuminate if it’s dirty, corroded or needs to be replaced. It can also cause the battery to not charge correctly or starting issues if not replaced. To be certain however, it might be a good idea to have one of our local mechanics complete a battery light is on inspection.

• Replaced battery, charging system is working a fine per mechanic and drove for a couple of days and then the battery light came on