Q: Replaced battery. Car still won't start. Gas meter reads empty after filling with fuel.

I replaced my battery and put gas in my car. The gas meter still reads empty.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This can happen for many reasons and without further detail may be difficult to diagnose without performing a physical inspection of the car and diagnosing using a scanning tool.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements. We’ll have a scanning tool that can troubleshoot the issue for you.

3. Replaced battery. Car still won't start. Gas meter reads empty after filling with fuel.