Q: Replaced battery after getting gas in the car. Is it the fuel that keeps the car from starting?

Car battery was replaced after it would not start at the gas station. It started before getting gas then would not start after getting gas. Replaced the battery and it still won't start. Is it because of the fuel. It tries to start just won't turn over.

If the vehicle cranks over and does not start after getting fuel then the most common cause is the fuel vapor purge valve is allowing fumes to flow from the fuel tank to the engine while fueling. If purge valve is leaking then replace the purge valve. Hold the throttle wide open to clear the flooding of the engine.

• Replaced battery after getting gas in the car. Is it the fuel that keeps the car from starting?