Q: Replaced alternator problems.

I had my alternator replaced and now whenever I'm at 4K rpm or higher, my whole dashboard shuts off for a second and so does my power steering then it comes back. I also put a new battery in.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I ran into this issue the other day working on a car with a BMW, which owns Mini. I changed the alternator and battery and the car still didn’t start. There is definitely a computer problem with your car. You may have to call the dealer and have them either reset, reprogram, or replace your computer. You don’t want to keep driving your car while these issues are happening, just in case the whole computer shorts out on you and puts you in a dangerous situation. Good luck and I hope you get your issue fixed. Also, not all shops have the computers a dealership will have to work on your specific issue. You may have a Euro shop around your area and they will also have the programs needed for your car too. If you are still experiencing problems after, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the electrical components in your car to see if the issue possibly lies there.

3. Replaced alternator problems.