Q: Replaced ALT and battery van won’t turn over

Van broke down wouldn’t start we replaced the alternator and we replaced the battery. It started up for like 5 mins going 40 MPH the vehicle made a slight jerk and started slowing down. The dashboard went dim. We tried to jump it but when turning the ignition all we heard was a clicking noise.

You may have got a bad alternator or one of the main fuses for the alternator is blown. Have the charging system rechecked and then have the computer scanned to see if you have charging system codes. The computer controls the charging rate and may be damaged and need to have the computer replaced and programmed.

3. Replaced ALT and battery van won’t turn over