Q: Replaced accelerator position sensor

After replacing the Accelerator position sensor, the steering wheel locked, and the car is idling at 3000 and drops to zero when shifting.

When I turned my car on, it was idling at like 3000 rpms...it's supposed to be at zero. And then my gear shifter locked up so I couldn't go anywhere. Then I got a mechanic from up the street to bring his computer out and hook my car up which unlocked the gear shifter but the rpms is still a problem. When I put it in drive or reverse it drops down to 1 but it hasn't been at zero since replacing the sensor and both videos I watched showed people replacing the part and then just driving off like nbd. In any case, I'm hesitant to drive the car because it could lock up again.

3. Replaced accelerator position sensor