Q: Replaced a ruined cylinder head with a used cylinder head

I had a spark plug blow out. The previous owner had already heli coiled the head, and that blew out, I replaced the passenger side head with a used one. With the timing chains,guides,and tensioners in place and the key way (on the crankshaft)in the 12:00 o'clock position I manually rotate the engine clockwise until it reaches the 10 o'clock then it stops. From there I rotate counter clockwise until it gets to the 10 o'clock then stops. What would cause this?

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you have not put the camshafts in the correct positions. You need to use special tools to hold the camshafts in the correct position before tightening the cam gear. Once the first one is done, then you go to the other head and do the same thing. This should fix the problem you’re having. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.

3. Replaced a ruined cylinder head with a used cylinder head