Q: Replace accumulatet

I want to replace accimulater in car can I take it off and still drive car till I get my new one . Can I cover the two hose ends.

A: It is not a good idea to drive with the A/C...

It is not a good idea to drive with the A/C system "open" by removing a component. The entire system can get contaminated. Unless the accumulator is physically damaged, it would be best to just leave it in place until you have the new part handy and then replace it. At that point, the A/C system needs to be vacuumed and recharged.

If you’re getting your A/C accumulator replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the vehicles location to do the job at your own convenience. Best of luck.